Exciting New Product Launch – SS Tube Technology’s CeramicLite
SS Tube Technology CeramicLiteTM Ceramic Matrix Composites
Recognising the need for high performance composites in demanding high temperature environments, SS Tube Technology have introduced the new CeramicLiteTM range of Ceramic Matrix Composites materials. Designed to operate in applications far in excess of the capability of conventional composite materials, CeramicLiteTM materials offer a lightweight and highly thermally insulation set of properties for all applications.
The materials have been developed with cost and lead time in mind, with conventional composite manufacturing techniques being at the forefront of the development approach. This allows SS Tube Technology CeramicLiteTM products to be manufactured quickly and cost-effectively, in-line with the demands of our customers. Several material specifications have been developed, providing our customers with a variety of options to suit thermal, weight and budget requirements.
Typical applications for these products could be protection of epoxy composite components, standalone heat deflection or heat retention applications, or the materials can be incorporated into bespoke installations as required by our customers, where SS Tube Technology’s Development Engineering team can work with customers to develop bespoke solutions.
A summary of the key benefits are as follows:
- High integrity, light weight composites capable of over 1000degC
- Can be formed to complex geometries, as conventional composite processing techniques are utilised.
- Thermal protection of conventional composite components, electronics etc.
- Able to manufacture very thin products that can fit into very tight space constraints.
- Materials can be integrated into existing setups/products relatively easily.
SS Tube Technology will be launching the CeramicLiteTM products at the Professional Motorsport World Show in Cologne on 11-13 November, so please visit stand number 4053 to find out more.