In House Design & Development
A combination of industry leading CAD packages enhanced with bespoke in-house design software allows for maximum design flexibility. This supports product and materials development programmes which are proven and tested in the laboratory, on the dyno and on the track.
The heat shields are produced as self-supporting components. These are typically made up of an insulating layer encased in a protective outer covering. Heat shields come in many configurations and can be “clam shells” to cover hot components or complex shaped components to protect heat sensitive elements such as carbon fibre composite structures or electrical components and battery packs.
Space efficient and light weight insulation solutions are available and are tailored to suit a variety of thermal requirements and packaging constraints.
Typical Applications For SST Technology Heat Shields
- Clam shell heat shields
- Exhaust manifold primary pipe heat bags
- Turbo compressor housing heat shield
- Waste gate housings
- Composite body panel protection
- Electrical system protection
- Bulk head covers and transmission tunnel shielding
Features & Benefits
- Substantial temperature insulation performance – temperature drops of close to 650deg C over ~ 10mm thickness
- Complex geometry formable through “hand built” or “semi-automated” pressing routes
- Production method is scalable with tooling to support large production runs at competitive costs
- Removable to allow NDT and crack detection of exhaust pipes
- Substantial durability with some parts being run for entire race seasons
Production, Quality & Delivery
Committed team working to BS EN ISO 9001:2008 system using automated ERP production management software.
Various inspection and NDT processes employed:
- Laser cutting
- Laser marking
- CMM Inspection
- Laser scanning
- Weld inspection
- BS EN ISO 9001:2008
Facility expansion increasing floor plan by 400% enabling the production team to deliver Right First Time, On Time in Full, every time.